Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This was our first year since being married for almost six years that we celebrated Thanksgiving completely on our own.  I was a little scared to do it, especially with a new 4 month old baby, mainly because I wondered how I would find the time between nursing, playing, and napping, to make a memorable and delicious meal for our little family.  Well, it turned out fantastic!  So fun to prep and cook.  So fun to smell such good things coming from the kitchen.  And so much fun to eat!  But the best part was knowing I had made everything with love and that made it taste all the more better.  My husband said it was the most delicious Thanksgiving he's ever had and that comment made me feel proud.  I love my little family and am excited to see what we will do for Christmas. 


Even Nicholas wanted to sample the food!

My first turkey!



We had Sage Roasted Turkey, Sausage Stuffing with Thyme, Mashed Potatoes with Homemade Gravy, Roasted Butternut Squash, Garlic Green Beans, Cranberry Sauce, Rolls, and a Pumpkin Pie.

Ramon carving his first turkey! 

New tradition for us: Trimming the tree after dinner

1 comment: